I don't know that the idea that science fiction is the new Western is all that groundbreaking -- if nothing else, the first Toy Story made it explicit that the frontier of space was replacing the Wild West as the locus of the imagination when it had Buzz Lightyear eclipse Woody as the cool toy.On a personal note, I'm considering catching up on The Walking Dead once school ends next week. I usually have a general dislike for zombies in...well, in anything (though, John, if you're reading this, there is a great zombie short on one of the Wholphin DVDs that I lent you). However, a few people have told me that I should check The Walking Dead out and since there isn't much else I'm digging on TV right now, I might just do that.
01 December 2010
Is Science Fiction This Era's Western?
Some thoughts from John Scalzi:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment